*Update* 1st February 2017 – due to a huge amount of review requests, I will not be accepting requests from new authors for at least three months. I will still be accepting requests from authors of work I have previously reviewed during this time.
I have been receiving a number of requests for book reviews via email lately, and I have had to turn a few people down simply because they are offering books outside the genres that I like to review. So a few things to remember when requesting a review:
- I only review fiction and non-fiction childrens’ and young adult books.
- While I may agree to receiving a review copy of your book, I do not get paid for my reviews.
- I can accept a hard copy, pdf, epub or mobi.
- If you provide me with a digital copy, please also supply the cover image of your book to use with the review.
- If you are requesting a review for a digital copy of your book, please email it directly to email@example.com along with your request. I am spending too much time returning request emails. I will let you know if and when my review is completed.
- I can not guarantee a time-frame for each review, I have four young kids and a life outside of my computer! If you need your review by a certain date, for example, the release date, please let me know in your request and I will see what I can do to accommodate you.
- All review requests are added to my list of books to review, but I do not review them in chronological order. I choose books to read based on what I feel like reading next. This makes it more likely that I will enjoy your book when I get to it 🙂
- All of my reviews represent my own honest opinions, and sometimes those of my children. If I review your book, my review will be honest; good, bad or otherwise!
- I post reviews to my blog, Today We Did, and Goodreads and Amazon where applicable. It can also be shared through social media as long as it links back to Today We Did.
- All of my reviews are copyrighted Today We Did, and remain my intellectual property. If you would like to use my review somewhere other than where I have posted it, please ask me first, and link it back to Today We Did
- Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Everything on the Today We Did blog is my own work, and the work of my children. All the text and photos are copyrighted Today We Did. Sometimes I may use an art or craft idea from somewhere else, in which case I have attributed credit to other sources as appropriate. If you want to use something from Today We Did, please ask me, and please link back to Today We Did.